Monday, August 3, 2009

Loneliness

Are you ever lonely? do you feel as though there isn't another soul who understands you and you feel as though you were the only person on earth? often times this feeling comes when you gone threw a bad break-up or if you have a bad relationship with your family. for some who have no family of their own. Loneliness occurs for some who move to a new state or town, new school and even a new church. I want to know are you a good friend? do you have good listening skills? to have friends you must be a friend. I met a lady and she and I made fast friends. As I got to know her I found out that she was the other woman in a relationship where the husband had left his wife. more over she was still married herself.

I asked myself over and over if I should stay friends with some one with so much drama? This lady even had a child from this outside relationship. Although I did not agree with the things that she did and I did not like that way she carried on with this married man, I loved the fact that she was a woman who prayed with and for her children and I know that she goes to church. I love a lot of her ideas about life and school and business. Although I did not agree on her life style I knew that I want to be her friend and be there for her if she needed me. I did not want her to feel all alone and lonely.

We all get lonely sometimes, that is just life. sometimes loneliness comes in a crowded room or on a train, bus, airplane and even church. Lets try not to create ways to become lonely, but work hard to be good neighbors and friends and keep busy. Doing something for someone is a good way to not become lonely, nursing homes, schools, and libraries are good places to start. call a friend or a sister or even pray. Prayer will work if you try. I hope that I can make some new friends and although this is my first blog I sure hope that I did it well.

Anita C

Woman in Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment